“With my background in computer engineering and with me being a huge techie, I’m always looking for opportunities to incorporate the latest and greatest technology into our new homes. That includes the prewiring and making sure a home is future proof, and also, we want the buyer to be able to go to the store and get whatever they want and have their home hook right in without any problems. This means understanding home technology trends during construction to ensure that the latest tech is offered to our buyers” – Hasani Steele
- Nest Learning Thermostat: A must-have for 2017, the Nest Learning Thermostat gives you wireless control of your home’s climate by allowing you to control and adjust the temperature from your smartphone remotely. Nest also tracks your habits throughout the day and automatically changes the temperature based on settings you most frequently use. This device is easy to install and a staple of every new Steele Consulting Group home. If you’re just getting into the realm of smart home technology, this is a great place to start.
- Amazon Echo: A Bluetooth speaker with a built-in virtual assistant named Alexa, this device can perform countless tasks throughout your home simply by telling it to do so. It can read you audiobooks, check the weather, and even let you purchase things online while also connecting to your thermostat, window blinds, and any other smart home hubs. Just plug it in and you are ready to go.
- 4K Smart TV: A smart TV is an essential in any modern home and is often the focal point of a living room or man cave. This LG 4K model is our choice if you are looking to go all out and purchase the best TV on the market currently. According to LG, the “LG SIGNATURE OLED TV combines the best picture quality ever achieved with an ultra-premium design like no other television. The striking silhouette is made possible by the new Picture-on-Glass technology, and a Harman Kardon 4.2-channel sound bar stand that flips for wall mounting or tabletop display”. Hasani believes that a high-quality, 4K smart TV is a home essential for any techie.
- Smart Plugs: Smart plugs are an easy and low-cost option for anyone looking to upgrade their home technology. Simply plug your existing devices into a smart plug to turn them into smart devices. These plugs work hand-in-hand with the Amazon Echo making them very intuitive to use and giving you the power to turn on and off everyday appliances wirelessly.
- Philips HUE: Steele’s final pick is the Philips HUE, a smart lighting system that lets you turn your lights on and off through your smartphone or tablet through the Philips Hue app. These bulbs also have dimming functions and the ability to change color giving your precise control and easy customization of your home’s ambiance to suit any mood.
Featured Image Owned By Steele Consulting Group